White linens and fine cutlery certainly have their place at the dinner table when it comes to the big day, but more and more couples are finding there’s also a place for plastic sporks and wet-naps, keg beer and burgers, funky and untraditional wedding cuisine.
We’ve all been to weddings, we know how it works — your guests have been eyeing the well-dressed cake in the corner since the DJ dropped his first beat, waiting for the ceremonial slicing and passing. We took a look behind the scenes of a few local bakeries to find out what sweet trends take…
It is often said that little girls (and boys) dream of their wedding day. Prince or Princess Charming is one day going to sweep you off your feet, and the day will be absolutely perfect, with sun shining, and not a cloud in sight.
Photography: Lis PhotographyDress: Tara Lynn BridalHeadpieces: Violette & IrisRings: Perrywinkle’sHair & Makeup: Salon ElixirFlowers & Styling: Creative Muse Floral DesignsStationery: Rebecca Manchester DesignsAppetizers: The 1906 HouseCake: The Little Purple Cake ShopRentals: Ve…
The Vermont wedding industry rakes in more than $162M each year, and it’s no secret that couples flock to the beautiful mountains and meadows of the Green Mountain State to say their “I dos.”
A pooch with an important wedding-day job took a few liberties with the position, finding something interesting on the walk down the aisle and doing his own business a bit later.
Imagine finding out that just a few weeks before your wedding that the venue has closed. That’s just what happened to Meredith and Erik Breiland, who were just six weeks out from their wedding date — RSVPs and confirmed list of guests in hand. They would have to find another location.
It’s a rare sense of place that makes a Vermont wedding stand out, from the food that’s grown on the farm just down the road to the verdant rolling hills and sparkling silver waters that twist and turn through the countryside. And then there are the people who become as much a part of your wedding experience as the scenery itself. Vermont’s small business owners take pride in helping you select the perfect dress, an eye-catching bouquet, and the most scrumptious dessert — all of the details that make your wedding your very own.
2016 Wedding Stories
2014 Wedding Stories
- Popular wedding destination
- Getting a handle on the wedding-planning process
- Spa services offer relaxation and fun
- What's new around Vermont
- Civil ceremonies: Justice of the Peace shares special moments
- The search for the perfect wedding dress
- Wedding etiquette to the rescue
- When we're in our 20s and early 30s
- A quintessential Vermont chapel
- Glamping getaway: Treetops, yurts and more
- Open arms
- Stick-season Style
2013 Wedding Stories
- Double the wedding!
- What’s new
- Don’t get shaken & stirred
- Miles away but still connected
- Here’s help to find the right wedding words
- Psyching yourself up for the big day
- Vermont-y Wedding Favors
- The unexpected creates wedding day magic
- Vintage items add rustic charm to modern weddings
- Around Vermont: A “Made in Vermont” wedding
- Top five ways to de-stress before your wedding day