The Lamoille Economic Development Corp. is sponsoring a business assistance forum on Tuesday, April 30, from 9 to noon at the Green Mountain Technology and Career Center in Hyde Park.
Representatives from several federal and state organizations will make short presentations on the nature of the assistance available to local businesses:
• Small Business Administration, small business financing and technical assistance.
• Vermont Manufacturing Extension Center, lean procedures used in all businesses, innovation and export training.
• Vermont Training Program, financial assistance for employee training.
• Vermont Global Trade Partnership, import/export and the EB-5 investment program.
• Vermont Economic Development Authority, business financial services.
• Vermont Employment Growth Incentive program, economic incentives for business, recruitment, expansion and growth.
• Vermont Procurement Technical Assistance program, selling to the government, federal, state and local.
• Vermont Small Business Development Center, business planning, coaching, training, advising for new and existing businesses.
• USDA Rural Development, loans, loan guarantees, technical assistance, grants for small businesses, municipalities and nonprofits
• Fresh Tracks Capital, venture capital.
• Community Capital of Vermont and Vermont Community Loan Fund, both small business alternative lender
The forum is free but reservations must be made in advance. Visit vtsbdc.org and click on “training” to register.