The Gihon Valley Hall in North Hyde Park was, as in days of yore, the happening place to be this past Sunday. After several years of inactivity, the Hyde Park Historic Sites Committee has helped breathe new life into the 1910 building, which used to house the North Hyde Park Grange. Taxpayers in March appropriated $50,000 toward the building, most of which is being used to repair the roof.

Sunday, local historians Jim and Monica Heath gave tours of all three levels, while historical artifacts were displayed in the main room. Local musicians including Christine Malcolm and her band played in front of the painted backdrop that is a companion to the one at the Hyde Park Opera House.