A Stowe man died after suffering an allergy attack and going into anaphylactic shock at Mac’s Market on South Main Street.

John Bruneau, 34, of Stowe was shopping at Mac’s at about 8 p.m. July 26 when he had an allergic reaction.

Stowe Emergency Medical Services chief Scott Brinkman said Bruneau was still alive when a crew from his department delivered him to Copley Hospital.

Bruneau was later taken to the University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington, where he died July 28, a hospital official confirmed.

Nobody from UVM Medical Center or Stowe EMS could confirm what caused Bruneau’s allergic reaction.

Bruneau was an employee of Lamoille Valley Chevrolet.

— Caleigh Cross

Show us you enjoyed this content by becoming a newspaper subscriber.

We use a Facebook Comments Plugin for commenting. No personal harassment, abuse or hate speech is permitted. Comments should be 1000 characters or fewer. We moderate every comment. Please go to our Terms of Use/Privacy Policy "Posting Rules and Interactivity" for more information.