The 2019 spring playoffs are here, and teams from Lamoille Union and Peoples Academy will be opening up their postseasons with games over the next few days. Today’s scheduled games have been canceled because of rainy weather. The News & Citizen will provide updates for rescheduled games as information becomes available.
Here’s a look at who plays where, and when.
• Baseball: Ranked outside the top four in Division 2 to start the postseason for the first time since 2010, No. 5 Lamoille finished the regular season 8-6. The Lancers host No. 12 Lake Region, the team that beat them for the D-2 title last year, in the opening round, tomorrow, Wednesday, at 4:30 p.m. Today's scheduled playoff opener was rained out.
A win likely sends Lamoille on the road to Duxbury, where they would play rival Harwood in the quarterfinals on Friday.
• Girls lacrosse: The Lancers finished the regular season 7-5 to earn the No. 5 seed in Division 2. Lamoille will host No. 12 Milton, a team the Lancers beat twice in the regular season, in the opening round on Wednesday at 4 p.m., a half hour earlier than originally scheduled.
• Softball: Lamoille closed out the season hot, winning six of its final seven games to finish the regular season 7-8 and earn the No. 7 seed in Division 2. The Lancers host No. 10 Rice tomorrow at 4:30 p.m., rescheduled from today.
• Boys lacrosse: No. 13 Lamoille, which finished the regular season 0-12, will travel to take on No. 4 Stowe on Wednesday at 4 p.m.
• Baseball: Winners of seven straight, Peoples finished the regular season 9-6 to earn the No. 7 seed in Division 3. The Wolves were originally scheduled to host No. 6 Randolph today, but that game has postponed until tomorrow at 4:30 p.m.
• Softball: Ranked No. 8 in Division 3, the girls will host No. 9 Williamstown tomorrow at 4:30 p.m.; their game today was also rescheduled. The two teams split a pair of regular season meetings.