We do not require registration on our websites, but you can only visit up to two pages on our site, per month, without creating an account. (This only applies to StoweReporter.com; usage is unlimited on StoweToday.com, WaterburyRecord.com and NewsandCitizen.com. Those sites only require an account to comment on articles.) After two articles, the site will prompt you to enter information, such as a user name and password, before you can access the information. When registering or participating in interactive or subscription and classified advertising areas of our site, we may ask for certain demographic information, however, we do not share any identifying information with third parties without a reader’s knowledge and consent.
Stowe Reporter LLC Copyright Notice
All information, content, services and software displayed on, transmitted through, or used in connection with any Stowe Reporter LLC website, including writings, software, music, works of art, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, and the like (hereafter referred to as “content"), as well as the selection and arrangement of content is owned by Stowe Reporter LLC. You may download or print a single copy of any portion of the content solely for your personal non-commercial use, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from such content. If you operate a website and wish to link to StoweToday.com, StoweReporter.com, WaterburyRecord.com or NewsandCitizen.com, you may do so provided you agree to cease such link upon request from Stowe Reporter LLC. No other use is permitted without prior written permission. Use of this site is described in the TERMS OF SERVICE section of this page.
Terms of Service
Subscriptions and Archive Accounts (Membership)
If you become a member of StoweToday.com, StoweReporter.com, WaterburyRecord.com or NewsandCitizen.com you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password, and agree not to sell, transfer or assign your membership rights. We reserve the right to terminate your membership if individuals from more than one household access any of our websites using any single user name or password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your computer so others outside your household may not access our websites using your name in whole or in part without our permission. If you believe that someone has accessed your account using your user name and password without your authorization, please email us immediately at the following address: email@example.com.
User-Provided Information and Content
By providing information to, communicating with, and/or placing material on StoweToday.com, StoweReporter.com, WaterburyRecord.com or NewsandCitizen.com, including for example, communication during registration, communication on any forum area, photo gallery submissions, comment sections, photos or other content, or entering any contests, you represent and warrant:
- you own or otherwise have all necessary rights to the content you provide and the rights to use it as provided in this TERMS OF SERVICE;
- all information you provide is true, accurate, current and complete, and does not violate these TERMS OF SERVICE;
- the content will not cause injury to any person or entity. Using a name other than your own legal name is prohibited, except in specific areas where unique names are commonly used, such as login or user names.
For all such information and material, you grant StoweToday.com, StoweReporter.com, WaterburyRecord.com or NewsandCitizen.com a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, modify, display, archive, store, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works from such information, in any form, of any kind now existing or developed in the future.
You also grant us the right to use any material, information, ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you send to us for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information. All rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for any compensation.
Please note that Stowe Reporter LLC does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for use or publication and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding no consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against Stowe Reporter LLC and StoweToday.com and their affiliated publications and websites regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the idea you sent.
Transactions and Ecommerce
During your visit to our site you may elect to engage in a transaction involving the purchase of a product or service such as a newspaper subscription or classified advertisement. To serve you most efficiently, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by a third-party processing agent, bank or distribution institution. Stowe Reporter LLC and its vendors make every effort to ensure secure transactions through the use of encrypted security software. While in most cases transactions are completed without difficulty, there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet or offline. If you're concerned about online credit card safety, in most cases a telephone number will be made available so you can call us and place your order by phone. Our websites cannot take responsibility for the success or security of transactions undertaken or processed by third parties.
On occasion, a product or service may not be available at the time or the price as it appears in an advertisement. In such event, or in the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error, technology effort, error in the date or length of publication, or error in pricing or product information received from our advertisers or suppliers, you agree Stowe Reporter LLC and its associated websites are not responsible for such errors or discrepancies.
Posting Rules and Interactivity
Interactive areas, discussion forums, and reader submitted content areas are intended to encourage an exchange of ideas and opinions. These areas are offered to all users of the site. Stowe Reporter LLC reserves the right to refuse to post any content on our site at any time, for any reason. Decisions as to whether content violates any posting rule will be made by Stowe Reporter LLC in its discretion. All content submitted for posting is reviewed by our staff before publication on our site. Be aware that submitted content may be edited for space considerations at our sole discretion. Any submitted content, including, but not limited to the type described below, is subject to being edited or refused. If repeated violations occur, Stowe Reporter LLC reserves the right to cancel user access without advanced notice.
When submitting content to us, please do not submit content that:
- contains vulgar, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature.
- is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community.
- violates any right of our websites or any third party.
- discriminates on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law.
- violates or inappropriately encourages the violation of any municipal, state, federal or international law, rule, regulation or ordinance.
- unfairly interferes with any third party's uninterrupted use of one of our websites.
- advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services.
- uploads copyrighted or other proprietary material of any kind on our websites without the express permission of the owner of that material.
- uses or attempts to use another's account, password, service or system except as expressly permitted by the terms of service.
- uploads or transmits viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files.
- disrupts, interferes with, or otherwise harms or violates the security of any of our websites or any services, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through stowetoday.com or affiliated or linked sites.
- sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple emails or subjects.
Ecommerce Submissions or Submissions to Third Parties
Your communication with any other party through our websites, including advertisers, for the purpose of communication or transactions, are solely between you and that third party. For example, certain areas of StoweToday.com, StoweReporter.com,WaterburyRecord.com or NewsandCitizen.com may offer links to other businesses or Ecommerce transactions with that third party. Under no circumstances will Stowe Reporter LLC be liable for any goods, services, resources or content available through such third-party dealings or communications. Please review carefully that third party's policies and practices and make sure you are comfortable with them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints concerns or questions relating to materials provided by third parties should be forwarded directly to the third party.
About Third-Party Advertising
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve relevant ads when you visit our websites. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites and applications, on devices associated with you, and on third-party sites and applications using tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these advertisers and third parties is used to decide which ads you see both on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications, but does not identify you personally and is not associated with your registration account. You may choose not to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers by visiting http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/. You may also choose to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device's advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest-based ads). We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Stowe Reporter LLC may modify, suspend or discontinue or restrict the use of any portion of StoweToday.com, StoweReporter.com, WaterburyRecord.com or NewsandCitizen.com, including the availability of content at any time, without notice or liability. Stowe Reporter LLC may deny access to the any person or user at any time for any reason, and reserves the right to transfer the rights and obligations of any user or reader at any time for any reason.