The postseason is here for Vermont’s high school teams, and four Harwood teams will be kicking off their respective playoffs over the next few days. Today’s scheduled games have been canceled because of rainy weather. The Waterbury Record will provide updates for rescheduled games as information becomes available.
Here’s a look at when and where the Highlanders play.
• Boys lacrosse: Harwood is the defending Division 2 state champ and will open its title defense later this week. Ranked No. 3 in D-2 with a record of 10-3, the Highlanders received a first-round bye and will host a quarterfinal matchup at 3 p.m. on Friday.
• Baseball: Ranked fourth in D-2 with a regular season record of 8-3, the Highlanders host No. 13 Milton tomorrow, Wednesday, at 4:30 p.m. in the opening round. Tuesday's game was postponed because of rain. A home quarterfinal matchup with either No. 5 Lamoille or No. 12 Lake Region looms on Friday, provided the Highlanders beat Milton.
• Girls lacrosse: Harwood finished the regular season 2-10 and holds the No. 10 seed in the Division 2 playoffs. The Highlanders don’t have far to travel for their opening round game, as they play at rival Stowe, ranked seventh, on Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.
• Girls tennis: A year after entering the postseason undefeated and playing their way all the way to the Division 2 championship match, this year’s Highlander team faces an uphill climb if it wants to return to the title match. Ranked seventh in D-2, the Highlanders, who went 0-8 in the regular season, play at second-seed U-32 in the quarterfinals on Wednesday at 3 p.m.
• Harwood’s softball and boys tennis teams were not able to field full teams or did not qualify for the postseason in their respective divisions.